Wayne County Family Connection Strategy Teams consist of community members working through a comprehensive plan strategically implementing solutions to specific issues within our community. Teams collaborate to gather data on the subject, analyze the effectiveness of various programs that are in place in other communities and work together to figure out what techniques might best work in our community. They are diligent in educating our community members, local businesses, and service agencies on the work that is being accomplished and enlist the support of all people concerned in order to support all citizens of Wayne County. You, as a member of this community, are encouraged to be a supporting team member on the strategy team(s) of your choice. You have gifts, talents, skills, and abilities regardless of education level, social backround, or work experience, that is crucial to the success of our community. Please consider the various strategy teams listed below and call (912) 810-0101 for more information. Our monthly Community Collaborative Meeting is held the 4th Monday at 9:30 a.m. of each month in the Family Connection office located across from the entrance to the High School baseball field in the old band room. Family Connection is an all-inclusive community collaborative and that includes you!
- Reduce the incidence of confirmed child abuse or neglect through public awareness and providing training tools for parents.
- Increase voter awareness and participation in the electoral process so all voices of Wayne County will be heard.
- Increase the percentage of students scoring above the national median on achievement tests by implementing early intervention strategies.
- Reduce the percentage of students who are absent 15 days or more days from school annually and increase the percentage of students who graduate from high school on time by encouraging family engagement and through collaborative efforts of community members through the CAFE Team (Circle of Adults Focusing on Education). "Destination....Graduation and Beyond!"
- Increase the percentage of youths who do not use alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs through in school awareness programs, collaborative efforts with the local law enforcement, and family engagement.
- Increase our educated community workforce by encouraging all students to graduate on time, seek post secondary education, and all citizens to have at least a GED.
- Increase our community literacy rate by providing books to all newborn through 5 years of age, provide reading tutors for elementary through high school, and engaging adults in the local technical college to obtain their GED.
- Decrease teen pregnancy through education, awareness, and family engagement practices.
- Increase citizen awareness of individuals as well as corporate gifts, talents, skills, and abilities through Asset Based Community Development workshops.
- Increase "all inclusive" opportunities in Wayne County for all citizens regardless of disabilities, race, gender, or religious association.